Friday, April 9, 2010

Dreams

A dream is series of thoughts, emotions, ideas, feelings, and/or events that occurs involuntarily in our minds. Other say a dream is a wish your heart makes. As children we are told that we can not only become but accomplish anything we put our minds too. Who defines our dream and when do we reach the point that realistic reality puts a hold on our dreams until the point where they are just a desire and no longer a plan of action?
One could say dreams are an act of faith, hope in the desire that with hard work and dedication the thing you want most is possible. Dreams for me is something not real but concept; like fairytale told to little children. I have long lost hope in the believe that dreams for me or others can come true. The truth is having a dream is scary its vulnerable. Believing and hoping with the chance of failing, being hurt or most of all showing your not good enough to make that dream come true. How is some have tried and tried and failed over and over but still have the faith and strength to reach for the stars?
I guess their comes a time in all of our life's where we must turn down that inner voice of failure. I know that voice is strong, and for to long its said the smart save road is to never try to ovoid pain. But the thing is we were designed for pain, our body's naturally recover. Sometimes we develop pain, wounds that are to deep to heal but its those events are what shape us and tell our story's. Life not about the perfect ride but taking those dreams, pains, wounds and learning and growing. For the first time in my life I'm going to belief in my self and dream. If fail I know its not a failure but a stepping stone. Showing that im vulnerable is scary to me but whats even scarier is thought of always taking the road traveled, not a pioneer of my own destiny. One, two, three the time has come im taking a step to the new me and living my dream!

2 comments:

  1. You really should be a writer! I loved that post, you are an amazing girl Callie! I am so glad I found your blog. You will have to update it more though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I need to be better about it! Im excited to keep up with your! You just want me to be a writer so Ill write that book and you can have credit for it! :) p.s. No one believe I jumped on the counter lame! I cant even do anything cool with out doubt!

    ReplyDelete